Obama thinks his new stimulus plan is going to create jobs in the United States, but Barack knows nothing about how to create jobs.
Rick Perry knows how to create jobs. Gov. Rick Perry’s fiscal conservatism has helped foster a pro-growth environment that has made Texas the nation’s leader in job creation.
Here are the facts:
- Since June 2009, Texas has created nearly 40 percent of the net new jobs in America.
- Since Rick Perry became Texas Governor in Dec. 2000, Texas has gained more than 1 million net new jobs, while the rest of the nation has lost nearly 2.5 million jobs.
- Texas has experienced 11 percent job growth under Rick Perry, compared to a 2 percent job reduction for the rest of the nation since Dec. 2000.
- 95 percent of Texas jobs pay above minimum wage.
- Texas ranks third among states in personal income growth during Rick Perry’s tenure as Governor.
- The mining and logging sector, which includes support activities for oil and gas, employs just 2.3 percent of Texas workers.
- Oil and Gas Extraction as a percentage of Texas’ State GDP has decreased by more than half over the last 25 years from 14% to 6.5%.
- 38 percent of Texas’ net new jobs have been in Education and Health Services.
There's no way Obama's new "jobs bill" can do what Perry's policies have done.