Anybody who tries to tell you so probably thinks Tea Partiers are racists too. Here’s five, no make that six, ways the two groups are polar opposites.
- The Tea Party is a grass-roots movement rising up from anger with both major political parties.
- TEA stands for Taxed Enough Already. The Tea Party has two major goals: lower taxes and smaller government.
- Tea Partiers do not got to rallies with the intent of causing a confrontation with police. They do not block traffic and try to disrupt the flow of commerce.
- Tea Partiers are Capitalists
- Tea Partiers respect the rule of law.
- Tea Partiers go home at the end of the day, take a shower and go to work the next day.
- Occupy Wall Street is a movement backed by Big Labor and now it has the support of Barack Obama Himself. (After all, these are his peeps.)
- I’ve looked around online for days and I still can’t find a cohesive statement from the occupy Wall Street crowd.
- Occupy Wall Street intentionally causes confrontations with police. They want to get arrested and step out in traffic to cause major disruptions.
- Occupy Wall Street is a Socialist movement that seeks to destroy Capitalism.
- Occupy Wall Street hippies flaunt the rules.
- Occupy Wall Street hippies camp out for days, don’t shower and presumably have no jobs.
So you see, the two movements are nothing alike.
- Tea party: Wall St. crowd not like us (politico.com)
- Will Occupy Wall Street become a left-wing tea party? (politico.com)
- Occupy Wall Street and the Tea Party compared | The panel (guardian.co.uk)
- Can “Occupy Wall Street” stay united? (cbsnews.com)
- Can “Occupy Wall Street” become a movement? (news.google.com)